On Day 2, we head over to the Honolulu Farmer's Market, which is the main one on the island (although there are quite a few around). I immediately declare that I can live in Oahu. Let me tell you why:
- spam musubi
- minty fresh lemonade with pineapple juice
- really good coffee
- salmon fried rice
- pineapple upside down cake
- do I need to keep on going?
After the Farmer's Market, Noralee is already tired since she woke up at 3:30 local time (6:30 CA time), so we decide to take the longer drive to North Shore - meaning she can nap in the car. The North Shore is great, too, although it was raining that day so we didn't get the best beach outing. We drive along the coast. admiring the coastline and trying to find a good beach spot. It was a rainy and overcast, but Noralee still enjoyed getting out to the water. I got worried after a little a bit - was the rain making Noralee cold and was Noralee going to get swept away by the stormy waves? We decided to pack it up.
This meant more food! Shrimp truck! Some places have taco trucks, well, on the North Shore, they have shrimp trucks. Kevin, Noralee, and I eat it all up, and then Noralee and I leave our mark on the truck.
On the way home, we make one last stop at the Dole Plantation. I have no pictures of this as we just went into the gift shop and walked around the grounds a bit. Noralee refused to let us put on her shoes, so she walked around barefoot the whole time. I am happy to report that the grounds there are really clean because her feet were still really clean when we got back into the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment