Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Hanukkah/Channukah/Chanukkah!


My loving sister, Auntie Jamie, gently reminded me yesterday that tonight is the first night of Hannukah. Around our house, Noralee has been the most festive of us all. She discovered her "My First Hanukkah Book" last week, and it is has become one of her recent favorites. So, we dusted off the old Menorah, broke out the potatoes and grater, and had ourselves a respectable first night of Hanukka.












Here is Noralee pointing to the Menorah, after pointing to the one in her book.







Here's Helen and Noralee eating latkes (well, okay, it was mostly applesauce with some latke pieces...Noralee's been a picky eater lately. This was probably the most adventurous thing she's eaten in weeks).

After dinner, instead of opening a present, Noralee opened up a kitchen cabinet, one of her new favorite activities.





For those of you keeping score, that is 6 different ways I've found to spell the holiday. I'm sure one of those ways is right, I just don't know which one.

No comments: