Sunday, September 14, 2008

Noralee turns 1!





August 30th came and went - I could barely believe that Noralee has already hit a year old. I spent the entire week telling my coworkers that she was turning 1 and that I couldn't believe it. Most of them told me to "get over it" and that my nostalgia with Noralee growing up so quickly meant that it was time for Number 2! (uh, no, not yet.)

For Noralee's birthday, we had a small party with just family and a few close friends. No real theme except we did try to cook all of Noralee's favorite foods - we had a congee bar with assorted Taiwanese toppings, and then yogurt parfaits (in honor of her love of yogurt), and finally two types of cake for dessert, blueberry cake (because she loves blueberries) and coffee cake (because she is descended from the Friedman line paternally). I deemed the party a success since Noralee loved the blueberry cake - that's the 1 year old birthday party standard, no?

I know that next time I blink, Noralee will be walking, and running, and talking, and then before I know it, she'll be off to preschool. The party was an opportunity for us to remember to celebrate the milestones and to remember that all of us are always evolving, I as a mother, Kevin as a father, Kevin and me jointly as parents, and Noralee as a little girl.

Lastly, it was a lovely reminder of how lucky Noralee is to live in this little circle of family and friends who care about her so much.


No comments: