Monday, May 12, 2008

Extended Mother's Day

I took the day off today, first to take Noralee to the doctor, and secondly just so I could have the afternoon to play with her. I think of this as an extended Mother's Day. (Happy Mother's Day, by the way, to Mama and Mom.)

We took Noralee in to the doctor for a weight check. Not much news - she is still small, the doctor is still not worried, and we agreed to check in in about six weeks to see how her weight is progressing. But the doctor says overall she seems healthy and we have nothing to worry about.

Noralee and I spent the afternoon first at Berkeley Bowl (the most amazing grocery store, for those of you non-locals; kind of like Whole Foods but a lot more reasonably priced and far less commercial). Berkeley Bowl was really exciting for her - I had her in the baby carrier, and for the first 20 minutes of the trip, I just heard her giggling occasionally for no reason at all. I came home with yummy things for Noralee to try this week: baby yogurt (yes, there is such a thing), purple cauliflower, yellow zucchini, etc.

We came home for lunch and Noralee had her green beans and peach yogurt (big hit), and then it was off to the park. Park time consisted of swing time and slide time, and then a giggly (still) walk home. After we got home, we took some pictures to commemorate our day. You'd think we were back at the doctor's - or maybe at the dentist's?







No comments: