I'm finally catching up on May. May was pretty quiet month, with the big highlights being:
- Jenny A-Yi's Birthday (including Tea at Niles)
- Becca's 4th Birthday
- Shuang's shower
- Kerry's shower
- Kerry's shower
and of course, Mother's Day.
It's my second year celebrating Mother's Day, which was wonderful. In addition to getting not just one but two cards (one being an Elmo card "for me"), Kevin made me a special breakfast and then we took Noralee to her first A's game of the season. I truly love being a mother - and definitely far, far more than I ever expected to. Being Noralee's mom gives me a different perspective on life - she teaches me to be patient, to slow down, to enjoy the little things, to be more open with my love and affection. She makes me want to be a better person and to be a best role model I can be for her.
Of course, it also makes me appreciate again all the things my mom has done for me and what Kevin's mom has done for us. So happy mother's day (belatedly, again) to all the mommies out there in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment