Monday, June 30, 2008

Fancy dinner

For my 31st birthday, we did a couple of things:
1) We kept the tiki tradition alive by going to the Temple Bar in Berkeley with the Brattons, the Irelands, the Wong-Schlosbergs, and Kwan and Laura. The only other time I had been to Temple Bar was for Julia and Wei-Min's going away party, which Julia confirmed as being 8 years ago or something ridiculous like that. The Temple Bar is this little hole in the wall on University in Berkeley - I didn't have many expectations, but the food was really good and the tiki drinks were great. Also, we had the whole place to ourselves the entire time. I highly recommend it. If anyone ever gets the tiki inkling, call us!

2) On Saturday, my actual birthday day, we went to Oakland Museum to see the "Birth of Cool" exhibit. This was a pun on words with "cool" since it was also like 100 degrees outside. For those of you who are interested in retro 50s, you should go. Afterwards, we went to Flora in Oakland, which is a fancy new restaurant in "uptown" Oakland. I miss Oakland! Noralee got dressed up for the occasion but see how sweaty she is!

Anyway, that's a long way to say that you know, you think your life is "over" when you have kids. Well, it doesn't have to be. And, it's even better when you have a baby, husband, extended family, and friends to share your birthday with.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: