Saturday, March 8, 2008

Our little DJ


In her crib, Noralee has a star windup music toy as well as a Fisher Price music aquarium. Lately she has taken to trying to turn both of them on at the same time. Apparently she has a future as a deejay. Now we know what "Baa Baa Black Sheep" sounds like when mixed with "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

For those of you who kindly inquired about my first week back at work... well, I guess it's generally not easy doing the working mom deal. It was a pretty busy week, trying to get myself and Kevin to work on time, getting myself home on time, and getting Shagun out of work on time. Mostly I've been feeling like there's not enough time to spend with Noralee. We'll eventually get the hang of it. But there was a moment of panic in the middle of the week ("um, why is being a working mom a good idea?").


I was online early (and I mean early! no more sleeping in on weekends for us) this morning and I came across this article from the National Sleep Foundation saying how x% of working mothers are all sleep deprived, because of course, that's what ends up being sacrificed. National Sleep Foundation points out we should be spending less time watching TV and on the internet.

Taking NSF's advice, I will tear myself away from the computer. We're spending the weekend with Noralee's great aunt Charlotte, who is in town visiting all of her little grand-nieces.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute!! She looks a lot like Helen in this picture. :)